Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The "Monster" Down The Hall

It's almost ten in the morning and I am still sitting here in my fleece "Frosty the Snowman" pajamas my husband got for my Christmas Eve gift. (No, I haven't been wearing them since last Wednesday!) I'm on my 6th or 7th cup of coffee, which I drink to give me a boost of motivation, and I still haven't moved from this spot. Two of the 3 kids are up and playing with one or another Christmas toy and the other is still in bed.

Why is it almost 10am and my darling baby girl is still sleeping. Because she is not sleeping through the night! She's almost a year and a half and has resorted back to her infant ways. It's exhausting. And when she wakes up..she refuses to go back to sleep without a bottle. A BOTTLE! The girl uses sippy cups and has been doing so for months now! But if you try to hand her one of those at 3am, she freaks. And if you do give her a bottle, but only give her water, she freaks. If you try to bypass the liquid all together and just hold her or pat her back...well I think there is a flash of evil that comes into her eyes.

I'm tired. My husband is tired. I can't seem to get motivated in the mornings to do anything other than sit and stare out the window. My husband has been late for work 2 of the 3 days he's gone in this week. The other two kiddos complain that Kayley is too loud at night. And where is Kayley in all of this misery? Sleeping in peacefully, while the rest of us are suffering.

Fun times, I tell ya!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

0 comments: