Monday, January 22, 2007

A New Read For Me

I'm really trying to get myself back into blogging like I used to be. I really am. I promised myself when I logged on to the internet today that I was going to post a blog entry. I sat here for ever just staring at my screen. Nothing was coming to me. SO I decided to go searching my blog roll hoping that by some off the wall chance someone would have tagged me for a meme. I just wanted to post something!!

What I found was no meme(thank goodness), but a small challenge from Karen over at Troll Baby. She wanted her readers to discover a new blog that they enjoyed and then spend time getting to know all about it. I thought it would be really easy and I'd be back on the couch in a matter of minutes wallowing in my "morning sickness" misery. But it actually took a lot more time than I could have ever imagined!

The first one that I really liked and wanted to use had a post devoted to wishing the Florida Gators well in beating MY Ohio State Buckeyes in the National Championship game...so although her blog was good, I could not in good conscience use her as my pick. ;)

So this is the one that I finally found. It's unique in it's own way, and actually captivates me enough to want to continue reading.

Not Calm (dot com)

She has 4 kids ranging in age from 9 to 3 and I couldn't help but want to read her blog. Mainly for selfish reasons. I'm hoping that through her writing I'll be able to get some sort of idea of what my life will be like down the road with my 3, since they'll all be close in age like her 4.

I'd love to elaborate more, but because I just spent the last two hours searching for and then reading this new blog. I am very tried and my stomach is very unsettled! I need to go lie down, or puke, or something. So please...ignore me and all of my whiny-ness and go read this new blog! It's good. And comes complete with pictures of squirrels! My favorite animal...although after reading her post...I'm glad I haven't experienced them like she has!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!

Thanks for stopping by, I'm sorry that post ruined my site for you. ;) I have to admit, it KILLED me to post it. I'm actually an FSU fan, and my best friend went to Florida, so I kind of had no choice since I do live in Florida, I had to support a Florida team, even though it was painful, since they are HUGE rivals at any other time.

Tell ya what... I'll post every day this week starting tomorrow so I can get the offending post off the main page. Sound good?

Hope you'll give me another chance. I am sorry about your team...

Adding you to my Blogroll, firstly because I LOVE the name of your blog!

Anonymous said...

GREAT FIND! So glad to have you back. I've missed you dearly! Kiss Kiss.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks so much for the link -- what a nice thing to discover this morning! Sorry to hear about the morning sickness; the fact that it's for a good cause doesn't make it any less miserable.

I'll certainly be back to read through your blog. Gotta go taxi the kids.

Thanks again!
xoxo