Friday, November 07, 2008

2010

Some days I just can't get over how quickly my children are growing up. Hayden, who will be 5 this winter, gets up every morning and before turning on his cartoons, will watch the weather first to see what kind of day it's going to be.



Tara is 3 and is now sleeping without her beloved binkie, and informed my mom the other day that she is "too big to sleep in that stupid crib anymore". Tara has been in a twin-size bed at home for almost a year now, but at my mom's house she'll still sleep in the crib because my mom is worried about her waking up at night and roaming around. I guess now she'll be sleeping on the futon that my mom has set up in her "grandbaby room".



Kayley turned 1 this fall, this girl is as smart as a whip. If we say it's time for dinner, she'll crawl into the kitchen before anyone else. If we say it's time to brush our teeth, into the bathroom she goes. It's amazing how much she understands.




I just have such a hard time accepting that my babies are really not so much babies anymore. It's sad, it depresses me. But at the same time it thrills me to think of all that we have ahead of us! I have my 10 year high school reunion coming up in 2010, I was thinking just yesterday how old my children will be when it comes around. How will I talk about my life. I realized that when people ask me if I have kids and how old they are I'll will have a 6 y/o, 5 y/o and 3 y/o! It was shocking to me! NO BABIES! AAHH!! But with any luck, I won't have any diapers to change, no bottles to wash, no crib sheets to fight with, no strollers to break my back loading into my vehicle. Everyone will be walking and talking and my heart will be breaking thinking about what my life will be like in another 2 years. It's a vicious cycle, but I wouldn't change it for the world!

4 comments:

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

You have some beautiful kiddos. Sounds like Hayden and I could hang out in the mornings, I have to watch the weather before I can do anything and like Kayley I am also usually the first to show up for the food. :)

Cant Hardly Wait said...

What beautiful children you have!

It's bittersweet, isn't it?

Cant Hardly Wait said...

What beautiful children you have!

It's bittersweet, isn't it?

Diana said...

i do the weather channel thing too. The babies are gorgeous, and HUUUGE!!!