Saturday, November 08, 2008

Can I Crawl Under A Rock?

I am on Day 3 of a major headache. This is not unusual for me. I get a headaches ALOT...very few last for 3 days. It's been a stressful week at our house so it's not a total surprise.

Kayley has learned to scream. About EVERYTHING. The temper tantrums she throws, makes up for all of the temper tantrums the other 2 never threw! Hayden is constantly mad at me about every decision I make. And Tara...well she is just always into everything, which in turns causes her and Hayden to fight because it's usually HIS stuff she's getting into.

This morning, I was NOT ready to get out of bed at 6:30 when they all woke up. I sent Hayden down to turn on the weather, and decided I'd lay in bed an extra 10 minutes or so hoping that my headache would ease enough to be bearable. (I haven't mentioned that along with working 10 hours M-F...my husband usually works until noon on Sat. & Sun. so I usually have to face the mornings alone with these monsters!)

I fell back to sleep. For like 20 minutes. I woke up to Hayden screaming "Tara has that finger painting stuff ALL OVER MY ROOM!" He was right. Tara had escaped from her room when she heard him turn on the TV, took the cherry red nail polish, I had used the night before on my own nails and forgot to put away, and painted on his walls, sheets & night stand. Then when she heard him yell for me she shoved it under his bed where it pooled into a giant puddle.

After starting to calm down I walked into the living room to find that she had gotten it all over an area of carpet, smeared it all over my husband's leather footstool and put three large blobs of it on our big screen TV.

I got it out of the living room carpet. I will have to take a stain remover to it later, but soap and water got the majority of it our because it was only on the surface.

I can't get it out of Hayden's carpet, off the walls, sheets or footstool. Any suggestions? (Besides buying a cage to keep my daughter in?)

Hallelujah! It's the weekend! NOT!!

3 comments:

Diana said...

you know, I hate the weekends, too. People love them, break form work and all but staying home with the kids? harder than my week job...and they seem to misbehave for me, and never the sitter or Daddy. Same for you? Angels when daddy is home?

Unknown said...

OKay I can't believe you got it together enough after that nail polish hell to even post something! I'm posting this on Monday morning and wondering if you made it out of the weekend alive...

Unknown said...

UGH!!! Poor you! Baby Girl did that when we lived with my mom only she painted her entire body, the tub, and the carpet. She never did t hat again after I had to use nail polish remover to get it off of her body!