Thursday, August 24, 2006

Why Waste So Much Money!?

It makes no sense to me why so many families eat out at sit down restaurants multiple times per week. It's such a huge expense!! While we were in Texas we at out every night and our bill was always over $40! And that was just with my husband, Punk and me eating. And Punk eats off the kids menu!!

Now I dont cook every single night. Most nights, yes. But every week or two we'll order pizza. We dont go out to restaurants as a family. Sometimes W and I will go on a date night. But other than that, it's primarily just for special occasions. Like birthday's.

I love to cook. I used to not, but when I started going through cookbooks and searching online for recipes I realized just how much was out there and fell in love with cooking! Lately I've fallen behind. I got into a slump. Mainly because it's been so hot!! But I think I'm coming out of it. I discovered a website that I just fell in love with. It's been around for awhile so many of you may have already seen it...but it's just wonderful.

I planned meals for the next seven nights...I'm so excited!! We just got home from the grocery store and I only spend $130 and that included things for breakfast, lunch, snacks for my stepson and stamps!!! SEVEN MEALS!! Why you'd want to throw away money on eating out all the time is beyond me!

Here's the link to my new favorite website, Recipe Zaar!

3 comments:

Daisy Mae said...

That recipe website is awesome!

Makes me wonder how some moms don't even use a list to grocery shop. I am addicted to my grocery lists.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link to a new recipe site! I love love love recipe sites! And I have a spreadsheet that I plan my meals on (when I remember). How corny am I?? LOL.

Kimberly said...

I'm totally checking that out. I'm in a funk with cooking - although tonight I have a pork roast in the oven that smells quite yummy :)